Public Transportation, comprised of three systems, makes getting around San Francisco incredibly easy. For a complete rundown of MUNI, BART, Caltrain and our historic Cable Cars, visit our getting around itinerary.
- Muni T-Third light rail line
- Muni 29 bus (from Balboa Park BART station)
Non-Mass Transit Options
- Bike Route 25 (a lengthy lane/route running north/south between Russian Hill and Sunnydale)
- Bike Route 5 (runs north/south from North Beach to Visitacion Valley)
- Bike Route 7 (runs along Phelps St and Palou Ave)
- Bike Route 70 (runs along Silver St)
- Bike Lane 170 (runs along Oakdale Ave)
- Bike Route 805 (wraps around Bay View Park and Candlestick Park)
- Bike Lane 705 (runs along Mansell St towards McLaren Park)
Best Transportation Lines and Stops Per Attraction
- Bayview Opera House:T Third Line to Third Street/Oakdale/Palou station
- Candlestick Park/Candlestick Point State Recreation Area: Take the Muni 29 line and alight at the Gilman Ave. and Giants drive stop next to Gilman Playground. Park operating hours: 8am to 5pm daily, closing later in summer months.
- During 49er football games
- The Hunters Point Shipyard and Islais Creek Studies holds an annual fall Open Studio
- San Francisco City Guides offers free walking tours of the a number of Bayview area neighborhoods.
San Francisco Icons
|Alcatraz||Bay Bridge||Cable Cars|
|Coit Tower||Ferry Building||Golden Gate Bridge|
|Haight-Ashbury||The Painted Ladies||Palace of Fine Arts|