Public Transportation, comprised of three systems, makes getting around San Francisco incredibly easy. For a complete rundown of MUNI, BART, Caltrain and our historic Cable Cars, visit our getting around itinerary.
- Muni: 71L, N-Judah
Non-Mass Transit Options
- Bike Route 30 (from Civic Center/UN Plaza go west on Market St. to the “wiggle”, along Fell, into the Panhandle and turn south on Ashbury out of the Panhandle) Travel Time: 32 minutes.
- Bike Route 32 (Page St. from Market St. to Stanyan St )
- Bike Route 5 (along Ashbury and Clayton)
- Walk on Haight from Market Street
- Walk into Golden Gate Park at Stanyan/Haight or Stanyan/JFK Drive entrances.
Best Transportation Lines and Stops Per Attraction
- Buena Vista Park: Muni 71 to Haight St. & Baker St
- Haight-Ashbury: Muni 71 to Haight and Masonic, or N to Carl & Stanyan and walk westward through the heart of the historic Haight-Ashbury neighborhood
- The Panhandle: Take Bike Route 30 or after taking transit, walk 2 blocks north from Haight St. between Baker and Stanyan to enter the park
- Golden Gate Park McLaren Lodge Visitor Center: Muni 71 or 5 to Stanyan St. stops and walk to JFK Drive and Stanyan, Lodge is on the north side of JFK Drive
- Golden Gate Park Shuttle: On weekends and holidays, a fleet of 24-seat, ADA-accessible, alternative fuel buses pick up and drop off visitors 15 locations in and around Golden Gate Park.
- Grocery Stores – Whole Foods Market at Haight and Stanyan
- Shops and Boutiques - On Haight St. between Masonic and Stanyan St. – Muni N line to Carl & Stanyan
- Amoeba Music: CD’s, Vinyl and Posters: Haight between Stanyan and Shrader; Muni N line to Carl an Stanyan
- Visitors are not allowed in the park on foot between midnight and 5am
- DeYoung Museum and Academy of Science offer a discount to Muni riders with transit pass or active transfer
- Walk from the N Judah to Haight via Cole Valley
San Francisco Icons
|Alcatraz||Bay Bridge||Cable Cars|
|Coit Tower||Ferry Building||Golden Gate Bridge|
|Haight-Ashbury||The Painted Ladies||Palace of Fine Arts|