Public Transportation, comprised of three systems, makes getting around San Francisco incredibly easy. For a complete rundown of MUNI, BART, Caltrain and our historic Cable Cars, visit our getting around itinerary.
- Muni: 22, 28L, 30, 49L
Non-Mass Transit Options
- Bike routes 2, 106, 6, 4, and 25 to access Marina Green
- Bike routes 10, 69, 65, 75, 95, 4, 6, and 2 to access the Presidio.
- Access the Presidio on bike via Arguello Blvd, 15th Ave, Lombard, Mason, and 25th Ave/Lincoln
Best Transportation Lines and Stops Per Attraction
- Golden Gate Bridge – Golden Gate Transit 70, 72, or 56.
- The Presidio – 43 (Letterman Dr & Lincoln Blvd), 28L (Richardson Ave & Francisco St)
- Cliff House – 38L (48th Ave & Point Lobos Ave)
- Palace of Fine Arts/Exploratorium – 30 (Broderick St & Bay St)
- Legion of Honor – Muni 1 and 38L (walk or transfer to 18 which drops you off outside the museum)
- Chestnut Street – 30 (goes along the whole street)
- Union Street - 41 & 45 (goes along the whole street)
- Fort Mason – 49L (Van Ness Ave & Bay St)
- Fort Point National Historic Site – Take 30 and alight at Jefferson St.and Broderick St. stop, walk two blocks north to Marina multi-use path and turn west and walk along Crissy Field shoreline, past the Warming Hut café and on to Fort Point; San Francisco Muni 28 and 29 bus routes stop at bridge toll plaza.
- Crissy Field Visitor Center: 30 (Broderick St & Jefferson St), 28 (Richardson Ave & Francisco St)
- Presidio National Park Visitor Center: free PresidiGo Downtown Shuttle operates during commute hours, 43 (Letterman Dr & Lincoln Blvd), bike or walk.
- Farallones Marine Sancutary Association Visitor Center: bike or walk.
- Visit Fillmore Street on your way to the Presidio or Marina using the 22 bus. Attractions include the Fillmore Music District, Japantown, Fillmore shops and restaurants, and Alta Plaza Park.
- Explore the Presidio on foot to experience nature in the city. See art installations nestled within the forest.
- The PresidiGo Downtown shuttle connects the Presidio with stops in downtown San Francisco. Visitors with a Muni Passport may use it for free any time, or without a Muni Passport during non-commute times.
San Francisco Icons
|Alcatraz||Bay Bridge||Cable Cars|
|Coit Tower||Ferry Building||Golden Gate Bridge|
|Haight-Ashbury||The Painted Ladies||Palace of Fine Arts|