Out and About
For a fun family day trip, your clients have a wealth of choices within a one- or two-hour drive south of San Francisco.
- California's Great America, a theme park with dozens of rides, is in Santa Clara, just 35 miles away.
- Winchester Mystery House, a bizarre 160-room Victorian mansion, awaits in San Jose.
- Roaring Camp & Big Trees Railroad, a steam train ride through majestic California redwoods, begins in Felton, 74 miles away
- The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk features seaside amusement rides and a mile-long beach 74 miles from The City.
- A half-hour north of The City your clients can explore Muir Woods, a 550-acre preserve of majestic California redwood trees. The tour is often combined with brunch or shopping in the picturesque hillside town of Sausalito.
- Animals of land, sea and air live and perform in the innovative Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, located 25 miles northeast of the City in Vallejo. Regularly scheduled ferry service departs from Pier 41.
- Three hours south of The City, the Monterey Bay Aquarium on historic Cannery Row, showcases the history and ecology of the Pacific off the Monterey Peninsula, complete with kelp beds and otters both wild and tame.
> Let us help you source the right suppliers for your group, FIT, MICE and incentive programs. Please complete the supplier lead form.
> Once submitted, you will receive rates, information, and availability directly from suppliers within 24-48 hours. For immediate assistance please contact the Tourism Development Division at 415-227-2693 or email us.