What speaks 14 languages and always has the scoop on what's happening in San Francisco? The answer is San Francisco's Visitor Information Center (ViC). The Hallidie Plaza location has been in operation for more than 30 years and offers interactive touch screens and free WiFi service.
To reach a San Francisco expert for trip planning advice, you can contact us during business hours by phone or email.
Visit us during your trip to San Francisco at either of our two locations:
Visitor information Center at Hallidie Plaza at Market and Powell
900 Market St.
November through April
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Monday through Friday)
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Saturday)
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
Visitor information Center at Macy's Union Square
170 O'Farrell St
Lower Level, Cellar of the Macy's Union Square store, adjacent to the USPS office
10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Monday through Saturday)
11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (Sunday)
Expanded hours seasonally and on certain sale days. Center hours are the same as posted store hours.
Check us out on TripAdivsor
Services and Merchandise
Order a visitors guide to help plan your trip to San Francisco.
Purchase or redeem CityPASS vouchers directly from our Visitor Information Center. Get ahead of the game and purchase your CityPASS prior to your arrival in San Francisco and save 49% on San Francisco's greatest attractions.
Transportation passes including Muni Passports are available at the Visitor Information Center.
For attractions, tours, hotel and car reservations please call toll free 1 (800) 637-5196 or visit our home page to purchase online.
In partnership with SFMade and select group of certified local manufacturers, San Francisco Travel Association presents a line of products that are as unique and interesting as the city itself, hand-selected for the visitors that love the city as much as we do.
San Francisco Volunteer Ambassador
Looking to share your knowledge of San Francisco with others? Love helping others have a wonderful experience? Volunteering at the San Francisco Travel Visitor Information Center may be just what you're looking for. View more information including benefits and volunteer opportunities here.
Bay Area Visitor Bureaus and Visitor Information Centers
- Calaveras Visitors Bureau
- California's Redwood Coast
- Carmel Chamber of Commerce & Visitor Center
- Chinese Chamber of Commerce
- Fisherman's Wharf Community Benefit District
- Fisherman's Wharf Merchants Association
- Golden Gate Business Association
- Golden Gate Restaurant Association
- Haight-Ashbury Merchants Association
- Half Moon Bay Hotel BID
- Hotel Council of San Francisco
- Japantown Merchants Association of San Francisco
- Marin Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Market Street Association
- Merchants of Upper Market & Castro (MUMC)
- Mission Merchants Association
- Monterey County Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Napa Valley Vintners
- Napa Valley Welcome Center
- North Beach Business Association
- Petaluma Visitors Center
- Receptive Services Association of America
- San Francisco Chamber of Commerce
- San Francisco Concierge Association
- San Mateo County - Silicon Valley Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Santa Cruz County Conference & Visitors Council
- Sausalito Chamber of Commerce
- Shasta Cascade/Redding Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Sonoma County Tourism Bureau
- Sonoma Valley Visitors Bureau
- Tri-Valley Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Team San Jose
- Tuolumne County Visitors Bureau/Yosemite North
- Union Square Business Improvement District
- Union Street Association, Inc.
- Vallejo Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Visit Berkeley
- Visit Mendocino County, Inc.
- Visit Napa Valley
- Visit Oakland
- Yerba Buena Alliance
- Yerba Buena Community Benefit District
- Yolo County Visitors Bureau
- Yosemite/Mariposa County Tourism Bureau
- Yountville Chamber of Commerce